Planned Development District Application
A Future 55+ Community Coming to Eastern Frederick County
- ± 600 Unit Active-Adult/Age-Restricted CommunityDiversity of Housing Types (Multi-Family, Single Family Detached, Villa)
- Passive and Active Recreational Amenities
- Network of Trail, Hiker-Biker Connections to Town Center
- ± 4 acre Public Use Site (accommodate Library &
- Facilitate Completion of Lake Linganore Boulevard
- MXD to Accommodate Commercial/Institutional Uses
Cromwell Investments LLC, an affiliate of Elm Street Communities, received approval of a Planned Unit Development (PUD) in the Fall of 2020. The subject property has been long planned for residential development and the approval permits up to 600 active adult, age-restricted dwellings. The initial concepts of the age-restricted community include a mix of detached single-family, attached villas and multi-family home types. In addition, the plan proposes a +/- 4-acre public use site that would accommodate a regional library. Trail-oriented recreation and open space will provide access to passive habitat areas, stream valley buffers, and active recreation amenities. The development of this property will also facilitate a portion of the completion of Lake Linganore Boulevard, a master-planned roadway connecting I-70/Meadow Road with Eaglehead Drive.
During this past year, the County has indicated a desire to also locate a Senior Center within the greater Linganore Town Center area. We identified several sites for the County to consider and through process of elimination asked the developer for additional ground within the Cromwell PUD that would accommodate a ±25,000 sq. ft. public use Senior Center. We will be working with the County to Amend our Plans to show this Public Use Senior Center site to be located along Lake Linganore Boulevard.